NVIDIA has officially released GeForce Experience version 3.0. A lot has changed with the update. The interface is different. Some features have been changed or seem to be missing.
NVIDIA is now forcing logins to even use the new version of the software. And this update is also being forced on users by a popup nag window whenever you try to start up the program.
Thankfully there is a way to disable the auto-update and remove the nag window. So if you are unhappy and dislike the new version you can continue using an older one.
Follow the steps below to block the NVIDIA GeForce Experience update feature.
1. If you’ve already updated you’ll first need to uninstall GeForce Experience 3.0. If you’re still using an older version then you can skip this step. After removing the update you’ll need to go to this website to download and install a previous version (188.8.131.52 was the last version before the update): http://www.filehorse.com/download-nvidia-geforce-experience/26526/
2. Next you’ll need to open your file manager and be sure to have the show hidden files and folders options checked in your folder settings. Then navigate to this folder: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update
3. Locate the setup.exe file and rename it. For example: setup_stop.exe
This will disable the update and remove the nag window, allowing you to freely use an earlier version of GeForce Experience.
If you ever want to re-enable the update feature and upgrade to the latest version you can easily reverse the process.
1. Open your file manager again. Be sure to have the show hidden files and folders options checked in your folder settings. Then navigate to this folder: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update
2. Locate the setup.exe file and rename it back to its original name: setup.exe
Follow MojoHand Gaming @