Screencaps of the RTX presentation slides accompanied by easier-to-read text transcription of each slide.
Slide 1: Future Goals
- DayZ will support Steam Workshop as its primary method of mod distribution and installation.
- Single Player (64 Bit client only) will be supported as an offline mode that in addition to allowing offline play, will allow mod authors to test their work without the need of a server (in most cases).
- DayZ Server Package will be released on Steam approximately when DayZ reaches its Beta milestone.
Slide 2: Coming in 0.59
- Expanding on the existing 0.58 vehicle repair/maintenance mechanics
- Bug fixes focused on quality-of-life playability
- Animation glitching
- New inventory related issues
- Increasing quantity of animals throughout Chernarus
- Extending server uptime up to 24 hours
- Introducing new vehicles into the world
- And much more
Slide 3: Base Building #1
- Lets talk Base Building!
- DayZ has expanded the limited base building options that DayZ Mod presented
- Currently 3 types of tents
- Barrels for multiple uses:
- Fireplace / Lighting
- Clothing Dye / Leather Tanning
- Storing fluids (future addition)
- Upgradeable Fireplaces
- Horticulture / Farming
- Containers / Backpacks
Slide 4: Base Building #2
- Its not a base without walls!
- We need to support an easy way for survivors to “refresh” large base areas rather than have to interact with each item
- No base is impenetrable
Slide 6: Soft Skills #1
- It is a well known fact that in DayZ — you should not get attached to your gear
- However this led to the value of a character itself being trivial, once he lost his gear
- Soft skills, and character lifespan is intended to help curtail this
- Character lifespan will provide a visual representation of the age of a players character
- Soft skills will allow for users to grow “what their character is” while being very careful to *never* use a skill in place of player ability