- BI Tools 2.5: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5
- DePBO + ExtractPbo [Advised]: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files
- [OR] PBO Manager: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
- P3D Analyzer: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:tools:p3d_analyzer
- BI Tools: The official Toolset by Bohemia Interactive. What we’re interested in: Oxygen + Buldozer
- DePBO + ExtractPbo [Advised]: A simple tool to extract *.pbo files
- [or] PBO Manager: Similar to DePBO, but with WinZip-like interface.
- P3D Analyzer: Will be used to prepare *.p3d files to be opened in BI tools: Oxygen2 & Buldozer
- Install DayZ Experimental version to get latest files 😉
- Install BI Tools + DePBO + ExtractPbo + P3D Analyzer
- Create a “Working” folder. We will call it BIwork: “C:\BIwork\”
- Restart your computer
2. PBO Part
- Copy “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\Addons\weapons_firearms.pbo”
- Paste in “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms.pbo”
- Right click on “weapons_firearms.pbo” > Open with… > Extract all pbo files with DePBO
- Wait for DePBO to finish the job… (It will write: “No Error(s). Press Any Key”)
- All files & folders will be automatically extracted to “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\”
3. P3D Analyzer Part
- Open desired 3D model (ie: “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\DZ\weapons\firearms\svd\svd.p3d”) with P3D Analyzer
- In P3D analyzer: go to “File > Operations > Extract MLOD..”
- Select & remplace our file “svd.p3d”. Exit P3D Analyzer.
- The model is ready
4. Configure BI Tools/Buldozer
- Create a new file called “preview.cfg” & paste the config written at the end of this tutorial
- Copy the “preview.cfg” file into “C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmAWork” (Also know as P:\).
- Double click on “mapdisk.bat” in this directory (Just to make sure everything is setup).
- Open “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\DZ\weapons\firearms\svd\svd.p3d” with BI Tools: Oxygen2
- At its first run, Oxygen2 suggest you to configure the software, click “Yes”
- Note: You can access this panel later via “File > Options”
- Double click on the first line “External Viewer”. Edit the path & add additional command, like this:
- “p:\buldozer.exe” -window -buldozer -noland -cfg=p:\preview.cfg
- We added: -cfg=p:\preview.cfg (without quotes). Click on OK.
5. Launch Buldozer
- Buldozer is Ready! Click on the “RED SQUARE ICON” on top left of Oxygen2 (near the “Open/Save Icons”). Select “Start/Restart”
- Note: Make sure to restart your computer in case of error or crash.
- Buldozer will launch. A Screen will appear saying “Cannot load texture dz\weapons\firearms\svd\data\svd_co.paa.”
- Press Enter & Exit (Try Alt+Tab > Right-Click > Close)
6. Texture Part
- What’s the problem?: Oxygen2 + Buldozer created an alias/mirror called “P:\”. It’s a Mounted Disk on your computer
- It’s actually the content of “C:\Users\
- The software is looking for textures inside that mounted disk.
- Good news, we have the textures from the *.pbo files we extracted earlier in “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\”
- Copy the content of “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\” (the data folder extracted from the *.pbo) inside “P:\”
- Note: If the P:\ Disk doesn’t exist, restart your computer (or paste it inside “C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmAWork”. It’s a mirror of P:\)
- Full path should look like “P:\dz\weapons\firearms\svd\data\…” to match the Buldozer error message.
- Re-open “C:\BIwork\weapons_firearms\DZ\weapons\firearms\svd\svd.p3d” with Oxygen2, Re-launch Buldozer. It will say “Cannot load texture env_land_co.paa”. It’s normal. Press Enter.
- You’re in! Use WASD, right click, left click etc… to move around.
PBO Manager does not extract files/folders with the correct folder tree. DePBO does!
Buldozer Config File