What You need
- Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead AND Arma 2
- Arma 3
- .NET Framework 3.0
- DO NOT OPT INTO DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ARMA 3
- Optinal: Some patience
How to install Zoombies mod
- 1. Register & Download the Zoombies Launcher v1.3 on the official website : Zoombiesmod.com
- 2. To install, simply create a new folder anywhere and extract the provided files in there.
- 3. When starting the Launcher it will prompt you to download the files.
- 4. Click the download button and let the files download.
- 5. When the download is finished the Launcher will close.
- 6. Re-open the Launcher & click Launch.
Arma 3 DayZ “Zoombies” First impression
Zoombies mod was created on the 28th of April 2013, before that there was hype about someone possibly porting Dayz to arma 3 as a project, and eventually the cat was out of the bag and it was ported by Pwnz0r. Zoombies mod (changed from Dayz to hopefully not cause problems with rocket/bohemia) was born.
Since the first tests it has seen a rising popularity though frequent bugs, and arma 3 beta patch update breaks have caused some problems along the path of development. But the staff does not seem discouraged, and those who play seem generally positive about the mod as a whole.
This newest iteration of the popular arma 2 mod runs on the new arma 3 engine, with ported in assets and community addons. A few things you will notice when playing that could be considered as positives
- Increased performance (varies machine to machine)
- Beautiful stunning graphics and effects thanks to the overhauled Arma 3
- New animations, stances and movement make you feel more in control of your character with more fluid movements compared to the previous in arma 2
- A new inventory system which once understood feels more realistic and makes more sense
The inventory system: Long term dayz players, myself included, are so used to the slot system this new Mass system feels alien and hard to get used to even though it feels more realistic.
Due to the newer engine and graphics some older systems may not have the same performance that they did on arma 2, which is unfortunate for some, you can see the difference in system requirements down below
The biggest problem on my first impression of the mod which I will not hold against Pwnz0r and his team is as of this point in time *july 26th 2013* are the issues caused by one of the dependencies addons : All in Arma or AiA. For those who know it that way. The problem with it at the current point in time is while playing on the server the black script debug screen will shot up in the top center of the screen, blocking out a fair decent screen real estate which makes seeing going up hill’s or looking up buildings troublesome.
But when I spoke to Pwnz0r he said AiA would hopefully be updated that day and he could update the mod in the day after to fix the issue. Other than that there are a few other random issues that will need to be worked out such as items occasionally vanishing on reloging, random server crashes, problems getting into servers ect. Everything that is expected out of an alpha/beta build.
If you get an exeption when clicking launch
Make sure you have installed the prerequisites for Arma3.To do that simply launch Arma 3 once after installing via steam.
If you are stuck on Recieving data
Wait a few minutes and try again.
If your game crashes when joining a server
Make sure you wait a few seconds (~10) before you close any error messages.
If you get “bad version”
Make sure to install the latest dev version of Arma3. To do that right click on Arma3 in steam, click settings, go to the “betas” tab and select Dev build in the dropdown menu
If you get “Arma3 is not responding” while joining a server.
Close Arma 3 and try again.
If you are still getting errors regardless of how you try downloading here is the alternative
Sorry that you are unable to download the launcher. Many survivors are having the same problem(s).
That is the alternative. If your paths are different for A2, A2OA, and A3 make sure to modify that batch file to make it work.
0.1.6 Changelog (Arma 3 Beta)
- [FIXED] Possibly fixed vests getting cleared and magazines duping? (Still testing)
- [FIXED] Sniper rifles (except M107 and AS50) now fit in your backpack. (Including M14 and Enfield)
- [FIXED] Toolboxes, entrenching tool, matchbox, and knife can be picked up and now save properly.
- [FIXED] Picking up a hatchet will no longer delete your primary.
- [FIXED] All maps, GPS, compasses, and Watches spawn properly now.
- [FIXED] Zombies now spawn with randomized loot.
- [FIXED] Repairing fully fixed.
- [FIXED] Tents and car parts can now be picked up without problems.
- [UPDATE] Lowered SMP spawn chances.
- [UPDATE] Humanity restores slower over time then it did before.
- [UPDATE] Non silenced rounds now work on most silenced weapons.
- [UPDATE] Helicopters spawn faster.
- [UPDATE] Zombies and loot will spawn now if you’re in a car.
- [UPDATE] Altered the amount of space items take up to be more reasonable.
- [NEW] More loot spawns on the roof tops of hospitals.
- [NEW] Epinephrine now gives you 3 minutes of adrenaline if used on yourself. Has some side effects.
- [NEW] M8 Compact, M8 Sharpshooter, Lapua, PDW SD, (ArmA3) Rook, (ArmA3) P07, M24 Desert, Mk12 SPR, G36C SD, G36C, RPK, and PKM added to loot tables.
- [NEW] Pressing the down arrow will open the menu for breaking and combining ammo.
- [NEW] You can now take the clothes of a dead survivor.
- [NEW] Added a level 2 hero and bandit.
- [NEW] More loot spawns to residential buildings.
- Flashlights are broken.
- Dying and respawning too fast may cause you to respawn with the same items in the same spot. Clear you hive data if that happens!
- Ammo menu may not load the input correctly on first try.
- Vests can randomly clear upon relogging. (Very small chance).
- Relogging or changing models may dupe your current mag. (Arma 3 magazine bug, not a saving bug).
- Group menu shows all buttons on accident.
Things to come
- New group menu.
- More skins.
- More buildings.
- More vehicle spawns.
- More weapons.