We’ll update this post as we find new details. Stay tuned!
Persistence was a huge milestone for DayZ. This feature is still in a very early stage, so issues still remain, but since it is now available on stable a whole new set of possibilities are available. Programmers are already working on the “next big thing”.
Dayz 0.49: New Weapons
Dayz 0.49: New Clothes
Dayz 0.49: World Additions
Dayz 0.49: New Gameplay Features
Dayz 0.49: New Leaked Models (From Game Data Files)
0.49 Update: Developers Screenshots
0.49 Update: New Advanced Weather Impact
Hypothermia and hyperthermia are now introduced in-game. They are both parts of the new body temperature system. Player’s temperature is affected by each piece of clothing they wear (including boots). Its condition, wetness, rain, wind, sun and altitude.
There’s basically two stats: body temperature and heat comfort.
- The red statuses (“I am hot”, “Hyperthermic”, “Hypothermic” etc…) reflect the actual body temperature.
- The white statuses (“It’s chilly out there”, “I am cold”) are the the heat comfort.
It takes some time before your body changes the temperature so it’s perfectly possible to be still hyperthermic although you have already took your clothes off. The game signals you that it’s chilly out there and unless you take some clothes on, your temperature gonna drop.
To be fair, developers are still experimenting with temperature system parameters and settings for clothings, collecting data and gonna balance it as soon as possible. They are aware that hyperthermia is not balanced right now and gonna reduce its “occurence”. This is not the final state but just the first iteration. So keep reporting and be patient.
0.49 Update: Possible New Horticulture Features
A new big feature known as horticulture is being worked out since weeks now. It will serve as complement to hunting and scavenging. Players will be able to till a garden, plant seeds, harvest their crop and use some of the byproduct for crafting. It should provide a more dynamic way to get food and also permit a nice “farmer” roleplay perspective to DayZ.
As the persistence is now implemented on DayZ, player can take care of their own garden in time, discover new recipes and set up a more viable camp with tents and a natural way to obtain food. Hermits will be now a potential way to survive in Chernarus and people could live longer without taking the risk to go in a city in order to get some food.
Mechanics have not been revealed yet and informations are still spare. But many new craftable items should be availbale since then. For example a player could grow a toxic plant in order to extract a poison use it on arrowhead for critical damage. Some medicinal plants could also be crafted to stop bleeding or help to calm breath for a more steady aim. None were confirmed yet, but there is no doubt developers had take a look at it.
Dayz 0.49 Update: Complete Changelog
- Map: Severograd, and new villages in vicinity
- Item: Hunting Knife
- Item: Balaclava (different versions)
- Item: Firefighter jacket (different versions)
- Item: Cattle Prod
- Item: Stun Baton
- Item: Telescopic Baton
- Item: MASKA helm
- Item: Medical Thermometer
- Item: RDG-5 Explosive Grenade
- Item: Soviet Officer Hat
- Item: Various spawn table changes
- Mechanics: New melee hit detection
- Mechanics: Player temperature
- Mechanics: Resuscitation
- Mechanics: Fibrillation
- Mechanics: New events (helicopter crashes, vehicle spawns etc.)
- Mechanics: New door implementation
- Mechanics: Players can now run up and down the stairs
- Mechanics: Zombie variations
- Mechanics: First iteration of central economy.
- Mechanics: Animal navmesh
- Animation: Digging Animations
- Animation: New restrained crouch pose
- Animation: New restrained crouch walk
- Animation: CPR animations
- Animation: New zombie walks, runs, sprints and idle variations
- Animation: Ragdoll changes
- Duplication techniques removed
- Shotgun pellets in multiplayer are now working
- Player can no longer take an item in hand while handcuffed
- Various gesture related fixes and polishing
- Raised move with bow in Standing stance and rotations with bow
- Minor polishing for different reloads
- Unintended fishing cancellation by player movement should be reduced
- Wearing raincoat and gorkas now prevents you from soaking from rain
- Clothes drying revisioned
- Berry picking, tree and kindling gathering and worms digging can now be cancelled
- Player gets wet even when only partially submerged in water
- Ruined axe warning message
- Balaclava mask can get wet
- Weather client synchronization
- 7.62×39 cartridges have weight
- Rags and sticks are spent when they are in hand before crafting starts
- Allowed swing detection for most melee weapons
- Added sound, music, radio and speech fade in dead state
- Battery licking animation for check battery action
- Various desync issues
- Various server performance issues
- Player can no longer change weapon when in water
- Player collisions adjusted to reduce clipping through walls in various situations
- Fixed an issue where certain gestures would not get called from raised stance
- Fixed footstep sounds in various moves
- Fixed an issue where the player could fall to the ground after performing “Drink All” action
- Fixed an issue where on occasion, one player restraining another would not result in succesful restrained animation on the player being restrained
- Fixed an issue where the player entering water would not get disarmed automatically under certain circumstances
- Persistence (Events do not get loaded properly after server restart)
- Persistence (Server state can become corrupted due to grenades stored in containers)
- Melee (When using rapid left click there is a high chance that melee weapon will get switched)
- Broken shadows in some cases
- Zombies are unable to get into some of the buildings.
- Events (bad positioning on spawn, items might spawn below ground, can be seen on inventory screen)