0.47 Update is live on Stable branch (1.1 GB).
Persistence & Storage are Disabled. Fix next week!
Updates and patches are implemented at high rate. The same day as the 0.46 release on stable branch, the development team announced the upcoming 0.47 update and it sounded really interesting. Recently, we’ve learnt that x64 architectures are almost fully released, actually half of experimental servers already using it. It’s getting even more exciting when Dean Hall announced the implementation of ragdoll physics on every entities: zombies, players and animals.
Dayz 0.47: Ragdoll Implementation
- Bullet SDK physics is already in game. That allows players to throw items and such.
- Ragdoll will be applied for death animations initially. Once that is working, other options will be explored. Are in discussion: dragging, melee hits, falling, and unconsciousness.
- This will be applied to all entities, which includes zombies, players, and animals. All objects are also covered by the Bullet SDK through throwing mechanics.
- No synchronization is done in the current build. I.e. Each client comes to their own ragdoll conclusion. It will mean that sometimes clients record bodies falling in different positions.
Dayz 0.47: Pathfinding Showcase
DayZ eats RAM like an ogre. With the confirmed implementation of x64 architecture, servers will be able use more than 4GB of memory. This will allow to spawn more zombies and items accross the map. Currently at least half of the experimental servers have been migrated to the new architecture.
After some fixes and debug, we can expect that 100% of 0.47 servers use it. The new navmesh system (Zombies pathfinding behaviors) has also been pushed.
Dayz 0.47: Persistent Objetcs
As it has already been stated persistence first iteration and loot respawn are going experimental, in addition to more content. Second iteration will save content of containers, before it hit stable branch. Nothing is final , keep that in mind. Since there has been a lot of misconception, here are the highlights :
- Persistence has almost no effect on performance (it simply does not affect you on the basic level)
- Loot respawn has no effect on performance
- Server performance, with the latest changes, improved greatly
- A big part of item synchronization has been rewritten
- Since the containers are not saving properly yet, tents have been took out. It has to wait few days.
- All items are saved , their position and state, if you throw down a shirt its still there after server restart (not only containers). However what’s inside those containers does not save on the build that will be up today. That will change in few days.
- From technical standpoint there is no difference in items that we save, they do persist through restarts (first loot roll simply cannot be changed by server restart, only natural flow of items can change that).
- Any issues you encounter, report them through the official feedback tracker. Provide as much information as you can. Discussion is welcome. (source)
Dayz 0.47: New Clothing Items
Some new clothing occured in the update: The famous “Piltka” military cap to fit with soviet soldier style and a new red EMT/medical outfit. The boonie hat can now be used to store a fishing hook. Military boots have also a storage case, but there is no compatible item for the moment.
Dayz 0.47: The New AK 101 & CZ 527
Dayz 0.47: New Weapons – Makarov, PM73 RAK SMG & CZ 527
The Makarov handgun make it’s return in DayZ. It’s a more modern version, and looks very realistic. It uses .380 ammo and use 8 rounds magazine. The WWII SMG: PM73 RAK has been also released and use the same caliber as the Makarov (.380).
Dayz 0.47: New gestures, Playable characters & Controls
Three new gestures are now available: F8 for Facepalm, F9 will perform a “Cut-Throat” animation and F10 for “Shhhhhh”. Dean Hall and Matt Lightfoot are now both playable DayZ skin. Finally, the community report some changes in controls and speed. It is no more possible to run full-speed with gun raised right now.
- Actions: cans can be opened with SKS bayonet and sickle
- Actions: added playerDrinkCan action to config
- Actions: added Melee class to SurvivorBase
- Animations: New default aimed animations with rifle
- Animations: Player now can walk while surrender
- Animations: Transitions for surrender/restrained player
- Animations: Crouched zombie animation set
- Animations: Reload for CZ527
- Animations: Hand poses added for matchbox, Injection Vial, Hacksaw
- Animations: Drinking from can
- Character: New female face models
- Character: New male face models
- Engine: Ragdoll support for Zombies & Players
- Engine: Initial implementation of navmesh for zombie pathfinding
- Items: Boonie hat fishing hook storage
- Items: Chemlights
- Items: AK101
- Items: CR 527
- Items: Makarov
- Items PM 73 RAK
- Items: Medium Civilian Tent
- Items: Paramedic clothes (jacket and pants)
- Items: Military Boots now store knives
- Items: Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandana added
- Items: Untied Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandana added
- Recipes : Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo as a bandage
- Recipes: Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandanas can be untied and tied to mask
- Server: Persistent item support (disabled for this update)
- Server: Simulation changes to support increased server performance
- Server: Persistent storage support (disabled for this update)
- Server: Dynamic loot respawning
- World: Turovo village added
- Actions: Player is not able to fill a ruined canteen from well.
- Actions: When player opens ruined canned food there is low amount of food left.
- Actions: Player is not able to pour water from a ruined canteen.
- Actions: Player can no long empty magazine attached to a weapon
- Actions: No access to catch rain action during ongoing action
- Actions: Fishing actions displayed while using different items than rod
- Actions: Added missing part to improvised bag/backpack crafting messages in action menu
- Actions: Zucchini can be force fed
- Actions: Added new drink from well animation to blue well
- Actions: Unable to use actions while swimming or while on ladder
- Actions: Player can take Makarov into hands straight from ground
- Actions: Player can take PM73 RAK into hands straight from ground
- Actions: Removing item on which consume action was called, not item which was swapped to hands during consume action
- Animals: Visual improvement of cow, rabbit and wildboar
- Animations: Gestures related bugs fixed (Facepalm, Cut throat, Silence)
- Animations: Crouch moves with bow
- Animations: Prone moves with pistol
- Animations: Fixed multiple issues with vaulting
- Animations: Zucchini handheld position
- Animations: SoundEdge(footstep sounds) set correctly for kneel run with rifle
- Animations: Face-palm doesn’t make the player stand up from prone anymore
- Animations: Sitting tweaked(changing weapons keeps player in kneel, instead of making them stand….)
- Engine: Adjustment to Night time lighting levels
- Items: Dimmed fireplace light so it not interfere with HDR
- Items: tweaked shotguns dispersions and recoils
- Items: tweaked pistols dispersions
- Items: tweaked rifles, carbines and SMGs dispersions
- Items: tweaked attachments (optics, buttstocks, handguards, compensators, bipod) dispersions
- Items: Wooden sticks can be held in hands
- Items: CR527 shadow glitch fixed
- Items: set chemlight to last 60 minutes
- Items: lowered light intensity for chemlights and flare
- Items: removed buttstock as default spawned attachment for MP5
- Item: Binoculars size reduced
- Items: added other chemlight color material variants
- Modifiers: removed vomit message from blinded modifier
- Recipes: You can paint cz572 black, green and camo
- Recipes: Player can’t tear clothing into rags while there are things in it
- Recipes: Ruined cans opening tweaked
- Player can in rare circumstances enter a state in which they cannot attack and must relog
- Character may temporarily enter a frozen state when throwing (resolved a few seconds)
- Melee targeting is off in some situations
- Players can in some circumstances experience slight desync with server
- Dynamic server events are temporarily disabled
- Backpacks rearrange after reconnection
- Players restrained while unconscious remained restrained until reconnection (after awaking)
- Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch