zoombies-dayz-arma-3-release

Note: Zoombies mod is no more available. The mod has been take down by the developper due to Bohemia Interactive inquirie.

What You need

How to install Zoombies mod

• 1. Register & Download the Zoombies Launcher v1.3 on the official website : Zoombiesmod.com
  • 2. To install, simply create a new folder anywhere and extract the provided files in there.
  • 3. When starting the Launcher it will prompt you to download the files.
  • 4. Click the download button and let the files download.
  • 5. When the download is finished the Launcher will close.
  • 6. Re-open the Launcher & click Launch.

zoombies-dayz-arma-3-release-2

Arma 3 DayZ “Zoombies” First impression

Zoombies mod was created on the 28th of April 2013, before that there was hype about someone possibly porting Dayz to arma 3 as a project, and eventually the cat was out of the bag and it was ported by Pwnz0r. Zoombies mod (changed from Dayz to hopefully not cause problems with rocket/bohemia) was born.

Since the first tests it has seen a rising popularity though frequent bugs, and arma 3 beta patch update breaks have caused some problems along the path of development. But the staff does not seem discouraged, and those who play seem generally positive about the mod as a whole.

The good

This newest iteration of the popular arma 2 mod runs on the new arma 3 engine, with ported in assets and community addons. A few things you will notice when playing that could be considered as positives

• Increased performance (varies machine to machine)
  • Beautiful stunning graphics and effects thanks to the overhauled Arma 3
  • New animations, stances and movement make you feel more in control of your character with more fluid movements compared to the previous in arma 2
  • A new inventory system which once understood feels more realistic and makes more sense

The bad

The inventory system: Long term dayz players, myself included, are so used to the slot system this new Mass system feels alien and hard to get used to even though it feels more realistic.

Due to the newer engine and graphics some older systems may not have the same performance that they did on arma 2, which is unfortunate for some, you can see the difference in system requirements down below

The Ugly

The biggest problem on my first impression of the mod which I will not hold against Pwnz0r and his team is as of this point in time *july 26th 2013* are the issues caused by one of the dependencies addons : All in Arma or AiA. For those who know it that way. The problem with it at the current point in time is while playing on the server the black script debug screen will shot up in the top center of the screen, blocking out a fair decent screen real estate which makes seeing going up hill’s or looking up buildings troublesome.

But when I spoke to Pwnz0r he said AiA would hopefully be updated that day and he could update the mod in the day after to fix the issue. Other than that there are a few other random issues that will need to be worked out such as items occasionally vanishing on reloging, random server crashes, problems getting into servers ect. Everything that is expected out of an alpha/beta build.

zoombies-dayz-arma-3-release-2

Troubleshooting

If you get an exeption when clicking launch
Make sure you have installed the prerequisites for Arma3.To do that simply launch Arma 3 once after installing via steam.

If you are stuck on Recieving data
Wait a few minutes and try again.

If your game crashes when joining a server
Make sure you wait a few seconds (~10) before you close any error messages.

If you get “bad version”
Make sure to install the latest dev version of Arma3. To do that right click on Arma3 in steam, click settings, go to the “betas” tab and select Dev build in the dropdown menu

If you get “Arma3 is not responding” while joining a server.
Close Arma 3 and try again.

If you are still getting errors regardless of how you try downloading here is the alternative
Sorry that you are unable to download the launcher. Many survivors are having the same problem(s).
That is the alternative. If your paths are different for A2, A2OA, and A3 make sure to modify that batch file to make it work.

0.1.6 Changelog (Arma 3 Beta)

• [FIXED] Possibly fixed vests getting cleared and magazines duping? (Still testing)
  • [FIXED] Sniper rifles (except M107 and AS50) now fit in your backpack. (Including M14 and Enfield)
  • [FIXED] Toolboxes, entrenching tool, matchbox, and knife can be picked up and now save properly.
  • [FIXED] Picking up a hatchet will no longer delete your primary.
  • [FIXED] All maps, GPS, compasses, and Watches spawn properly now.
  • [FIXED] Zombies now spawn with randomized loot.
  • [FIXED] Repairing fully fixed.
  • [FIXED] Tents and car parts can now be picked up without problems.
  • [UPDATE] Lowered SMP spawn chances.
  • [UPDATE] Humanity restores slower over time then it did before.
  • [UPDATE] Non silenced rounds now work on most silenced weapons.
  • [UPDATE] Helicopters spawn faster.
  • [UPDATE] Zombies and loot will spawn now if you’re in a car.
  • [UPDATE] Altered the amount of space items take up to be more reasonable.
  • [NEW] More loot spawns on the roof tops of hospitals.
  • [NEW] Epinephrine now gives you 3 minutes of adrenaline if used on yourself. Has some side effects.
  • [NEW] M8 Compact, M8 Sharpshooter, Lapua, PDW SD, (ArmA3) Rook, (ArmA3) P07, M24 Desert, Mk12 SPR, G36C SD, G36C, RPK, and PKM added to loot tables.
  • [NEW] Pressing the down arrow will open the menu for breaking and combining ammo.
  • [NEW] You can now take the clothes of a dead survivor.
  • [NEW] Added a level 2 hero and bandit.
  • [NEW] More loot spawns to residential buildings.

Known Bugs

• Flashlights are broken.
  • Dying and respawning too fast may cause you to respawn with the same items in the same spot. Clear you hive data if that happens!
  • Ammo menu may not load the input correctly on first try.
  • Vests can randomly clear upon relogging. (Very small chance).
  • Relogging or changing models may dupe your current mag. (Arma 3 magazine bug, not a saving bug).
  • Group menu shows all buttons on accident.

Things to come

• New group menu.
  • More skins.
  • More buildings.
  • More vehicle spawns.
  • More weapons.

121 Comments

• Caleb Duke 11 months ago

Loaded up the game perfectly but when I try to connect to a server it freezes then crashes.. I’ve tried COUNTLESS times on restarting, waiting, reinstalling, everything.. Suggestions..?

• Knipknap 11 months ago

I also got a problem i download the dam zoombies and when i click on mp there ar 6 servers (Dayz) but when i click on it its saying bad version and i got the newest version:S

• steve 9 months ago

if you have Steam, right click on arma3 in library the click beta tab, then opt out of dev build in order to play zoombies. if you want to play arma3 online you have to opt back in to dev build. irritating but thats what ive found.

• Ganjamann 11 months ago

hey man thanks for the installation guide.. i can join a server without a problem choose my character without a problem but wen its loading the map after u select the character it crashes sayin “Arma 3 alpas has stopped working” and i have to close the game.. this happens everytime.. please reply..
    Thanks in advance. :)

• lconikez 10 months ago

Yeh open arma 2 and arma 2 oa before you run the launcher, this prepares the map, you must do this after every time your restart your computer.

• I got it to work by deselecting the opt for beta option in Arma 3 once it installed what it needed to.

• Solvit 11 months ago

Every time i Launch the game via the Zoombie launcher I get first the error ” Addon `dayz_anim` requires addon `mission_ew` ” i klick on OK and the next error shows up:” config.bin/CfgWeapons/G36_C_SD_eotech/Burst/: Cannot find base class `Burst` “. Afther i klick OK the games just close.

• fabiofloyd 11 months ago

always crash after receive mission file

• gandalf 11 months ago

Hey not with me is the Zoombiesmod.com page or I kan Download nich maybe someone has a second download link?

• Clayton 11 months ago

Mod works but when i play i often see a black screen error message that disappears after a while and then appears again. WTF???

• Use to join another server … normaly this stand for wrong version … or just another version on as on the server

Good job.
    However I think the colours are too saturated. There is something that really hurts the original DayZ atmosphere. It feels like we’re on the beach but with zombies and car crashes. (Hey Dead Island!)
    I really hope that the Standalone ambiance will be more like the movie ” The Road ” like the dev’ team told us.

• ZN2012 11 months ago

Installed fine. Begins to load fine. After connecting to a server, the game freezes then crashes on the DayzArma3 load screen Any idea on how to fix? And thanks for porting this over

• ZN2012 11 months ago

Ok those having the game freeze issue, here is what worked for me*may not work for all. After you install the mod, just restart the pc, run steam as admin*i always run as admin, so I think the restart fixed my issue. anyway great work on the mod! love it

• Austin70015 11 months ago

When you get to the zoombies website were do you go to download it

• 5318008 11 months ago

This may not be around for much longer, once Rocket (dev of dayz standalonge) comes back down from Mt Everest, the real DayZ team will be making a decision on whether to let this mod continue.

Not really, it can continue since DayZ is a MOD for a game, so they can’t do anything to this mod, since it’s for ARMA 3.

• BonBon 8 months ago

Not true. The ARMA 3 mod uses most of the code from the original DayZ mod.

• I can’t get anything to Launch… Every time I run the launcher and click Launch, I get this error “Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue… … The system cannot find the file specified.”

I have Arma 2, Arma 2 OA/CO, Arma 3. I have ran all three at least once before launching, I’ve switched Arma 3 to the dev build, I’ve tried without the dev build. I updated my dotnet framework to 4.5, I’ve followed up on all troubleshooting options, nothing has worked. Do my DayZ files need to be in a specific location? I run them off a second harddrive? Could it be that it is looking for DayZ files and can’t find them.

Please help, I am out of ideas.

• Larethean 10 months ago

I’m having the same problem Travis, I’ll be doing some serious digging around on the web tomorrow to see if I can find any information about what is the cause of this error or how to fix it. If anyone already knows of a fix for it and can holler before then, that would be greatly appreciated!

I Have the Microsoft NetFramework 4 it will Work?

The game open , Run Normal but Don’t find servers anyone help me?

• Ricco Ng 11 months ago

when I click installation check, it says my Arma2, Arma2OA, Arma2OA Beta, abd Arma3 aren’t installed, even thou it is. solution?

• only vers. 0.1.3 servers …but launcher is 0.1.3.1 :( it dont work :(

• So after I join a server and choose my slot, I see the DAYZ logo, and Chernarus in the top left corner, but I’m stuck there loading.

• Avatar of
    Infinus 10 months ago

Good job ;)

Update the servers. It has wrong version.

• After everything I’ve tried I have come to realize that its not me its YOU and your 1.3 and not 1.3.1 version. MEANING update your servers guys! I am really anxious to see another edition to this game.

• I see in my Launcher at the Installation Check and only Arma 2 : OA Beta is NOT INSTALLED. How can i Fix this Issue. i Installed already the Beta version but Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA aren´t at STEAM !! Can Somebody Help?

• semplex 10 months ago

Hello if I got a global ban on Arma 2 Dayz from battleye can i still play ARMA 3 DayZ?

• No my ArmA2 and ArmA 2 OA are from Discs and not Steam. only Arma 3 is from steam. how can i now fix the Issue from the Zombie Launcher that my Installation Check for Arma 2 OA Beta is INSTALLED. also I Installed every new Version of Beta. should i may install an Older Version of Arma 2 OA BETA ??

Did you ever fix this as i need to fix the exact same problem, everything fine apart from the beta on the installation check, because arma 2 oa was downloaded from gamestop not steam.
      Please Please, if some one knows what to do i would be so grateful.

• When i load the game i join a server i select my role then it loads then it brings the role select thing again says an error (missing zombies crouch or something like that) i wait 10 seconds click close and it goes black screen and crashes i will repost if i find a solution.

• mizzoufan96 10 months ago

I downloaded everything and installed. I have 59.105679 Alpha Build, but the 1.4 servers are running 58.104711.

I don’t know how to downgrade.

The only 59.105679 server I found is running 1.3….

• AkkaNation 10 months ago

Same problem here. Wrong version.

• Whelan 10 months ago

Yeah I just got back from a party and now all the servers are on the old version, but yet some how they are almost full, how are people getting around this?

Bad Version all the fcking time….

• Hoster 10 months ago

Ok, yeah, don’t listen to any of this crap and just go to the actual help description: http://zoombiesmod.com/index.php?threads/help-how-to-play-dayz-on-arma-3.155/

Where, I might add, they specifically tell you tell you not to opt for the development build of Arma 3, with huge red text no less. This “tutorial” needs a serious update. Go figure.

• So you say to not opt into the dev build but then say opt into the dev build, Which one please.

• Do not opt in for the dev build, this guide is outdated and needs to be updated as we no longer run the dev build on the servers and you will not be able to connect if you opt in for dev build.

• Steven 10 months ago

After using the batch file that this website has linked at the bottom of the how-to part (If you are still getting errors) I have had my GPU go to 100% usage when doing nothing on my PC! I would like to know how to fix this please, Its quite annoying hearing the fan on 7970 go to 60% and listening to a jet take off for no reason or whilst browsing the internet. Please help… The link is here:

• sky770 10 months ago

I own a box copy of ArmA X (its the anniversary edition and has all the previous versions of armaS in it :D ) and my Arma 3 is on steam :3

So, will that be a prob for arma 3 dayz mod? :s

Fuckn crap still launcher still doesn’t read my arma 3 but everything else no matter what i’ve tried

• If some one wishes to be updated with hottest technologies
    then he must be visit this site and be up to date every day.

I have given up on this game, I cannot join any server even though I got same DayZ version and same or better Arma 3 version. I cant find any solutions so I guess ill just have to wait for the stand alone…

• Craig 9 months ago

Have you tried opening ARMA 2 & Then ARMA 2 OA (Operation Arrowhead) then re-opening the bat file? if you have that, or the launcher. I’m using the BAT file which is working fine for me (Latest version to date).

can u only have arma 3 and still play dayz ???

I got Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, as well as Arma 3. The Arma 3 game works fine, I can start A3 DayZ but all servers say I have a bad client.

As far as I can tell from all the sites I’ve visited you need Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3 to play DayZ on Arma 3.

• Craig 9 months ago

If these are all linked to steam, close steam down re-open as admin then run A2 Then A2 OA, – Both then close down, check A3 again if that doesn’t work, restart your PC then re-opens team as Admin and apply the process again, if this doesn’t work apply the same process as above but use the bat file given in the link on zoombies website! that will help locate the file – if you are on the right version as servers it will state in the lower right hand screen before you select “play” – “multiplayer”.

• CaMoTraX 9 months ago

I can’t confirm my Account on the Forums -.-’
    Always getting the “Can’T confirm” Error

• craig 9 months ago

Make sure your email address and username is a valid prefix, otherwise it may be the way you type your name out. any other notification that warns you otherwise?

• viktor 9 months ago

when i try to start zombie.its come up an error that say. can´t find the files: what shuld i do?

• Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to
    “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!
    I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

• i cant get the verifcation email from the website someone help

• Oliver 8 months ago

Why do I need ARMA 2? It is just stupid, I don’t want to buy a game that I don’t want to play, to play a mod to a game I already own? FIX IT!

• YouMad 8 months ago

Entitlement’s a bitch.

• Ryryrockband 6 months ago

I agree. Find a fix. Thats stupid to have to get another game I will never use. Otherwise, why not just get arma 2 and use DayZ?? Fix this please.

• PCGamer posts links to your website, your site crashes due to influx of traffic. GG

• Digital Demise 8 months ago

Hey every time I join a server there is this little black box with a stream of running error codes and path file names. Any solution?

• Charanor 8 months ago

@Digital Demise, i’m having the same problem as you, would be pleased to hear from someone that has a fix.

• Pyriis 8 months ago

Same here, makes the game unplayable, and also, nothing shows up on the server select screen, I can click on boxes, and click join, but no sever descriptions or how many players are on the server. nothing..

• Charanor 8 months ago

Exactly! I have tried googling on the problem but to no avail.

• Digital Demise 8 months ago

They seem to happen while in the actual Arma 3 beta too sooo maybe the recent update for it did that

• polly 8 months ago

Couple of questions:
    1. My Arma 2, Arma 2 OA are NON STEAM and my Arma 3 beta IS STEAM. Will this cause any issues?
    2. The instructions say to OPT OUT OF BETA, yet the troubleshooting solutions suggest to SWITCH TO DEV BUILD. Which is it?

• Everything works fine but as soon as I get in the game a black box with a bunch of errors appears. I can play but it’s just kinda in the way and annoying.

• Charanor 8 months ago

-=: TO EVERYONE HAVING THE BLACK BOX WITH ERRORS BUG :=-
    If you get any error messages when you load into a server try waiting before you close them, this will make the errors go away temporarily. If you get any errors while in game just wait for a bit and they
    -should- go away. Also refrain from pressing ESC as that seems to trigger the message again.

• dacamell 8 months ago

90% of the time when i join a server everything works fine. Then it just says arma 3 has stoped working and crashes. I tried waiting and nothing. Ive made sure i waited 10 sec for the error screens. Also when i do join a server there is a black box that keeps showing random file locations idk if it is saying im missing them or what but its just a cmd like black box that just has random stuff scrolling constantly

• Shadow Saint 8 months ago

Why cant i find any servers?

• I have no trouble getting into the servers, though i cannot tell which one i am joining due to the names not appearing in the server lobby. And also i have black box in the middle of my screen the entire time im playing coming up with words and numbers. like a debug menu?
    With things like
    “error Undefined variable…”

• The servers is a updated servers, 0,74 and i have 0,72 or something. is there a update coming?

• I’ve wasted 5 hours of my life trying to get that working. It doesn’t work. May I suggest in future, that “NEWS” posts only actually make it through to the Steam news page *if* it is an official update or news item. Clearly only a small percentage can get it to work at all. Why on earth did this article even reach the steam application? It’s as though STEAM haven’t checked or tried out this MOD at all. It’s about quality control. If this was a meal in a restaurant, Gordon Ramsey would have thrown it in the bin. Can I have my 5 hours of wasted time back please? No. No I thought not.

Thanks for wasting so many people’s time. Personally, I’ll be sure to have another go at it in ten years when it *might* have a chance of working.

Took a while to get it working but my, my what sweetness is this. :)

• the Pontus 8 months ago

“no enrty ‘config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/ Action.ZombieCrouchActions.’”

And then when it done loading it crashes :(

• Sondre 8 months ago

Hey got a little issue. When i start the launcher it says “Addon `dayz_anim` requiers addon `CA_modules_alice”

What should I do to fix this?

• every time I start up launch it has this error unhandled exception has occurred blah blah blah then if I go to installation check it claims that I don’t have any of the Arma’s downloaded when ive tried starting them all up on steam but still nothing can someone HELP PLEEAASEE!!!

• WORST KEY CAPTCHA EVER. I am now going full retard.

Actually considered saying just fuck it after all this effort for a FUCKING CAPTCHA. Rofl, just use a real one for fucks sake.

It’s no servers up for me :( any help?

• EN3RGGY 8 months ago

I have ARMA 3 on one STEAM ACCOUNT and ARMA 2 + Op. Arrowhead on another STEAM ACCOUNT.
    Am I still able to play it?

• It’s arma 2 + arma 3 inventory system, right ?

• when i launch the game and when i try to go into a server it says bad version and i want to play help fast

• Ercandize 8 months ago

How can i start Zoombies Mod without steam?

I have Arma 3 for steam but arma 2 and arma 2 oa not for steam and the launcher always says ArmAOA2Beta not installed… what should i do??

• MAthew 8 months ago

Ok so everything EVERYONE has said is retarded and bullshit all you have to do to get it to work is SET THE LAUNCH PARAMETERS. Unfourtunatley I don’t know what they are…. its so crazy shit like -nosplash – chernaurus…. some other shit, do NOT opt out for the dev build version just right click arma 3 beta in ur steam got to properties then go to set launch options — that’s where u type in or copy and paste the launch parameters like I did, then it gets rid of ALL the issues, servers crashing when it seems like it will work all the shit blah blah. now I have no fucking clue where to find the launch parameters as I said a buddy sent them to me and I copy and pasted, fixed everything! it plays like a champ now, so its just up to you to find the launch parameters for yourself I guess haha ttyl good luck!

• Mathew 8 months ago

ok so I found it open your folder with ur zoombies shit and click parameters then copy and paste that in Arma 3 beta – right click – then click properties- then click set launch options then paste it in there ad play XD

• When will you fix the eating and drinking mechanic

• Jared 7 months ago

“An error has occurred” When I try to download the ‘mod’ from the stupid launcher. Seriously guys, does this thing even work?

• Radbo 6 months ago

What is that problem with that zombies? They are all out for a walk? I see, like they are coming closer not to try to eat you, but ask you “what time it is?”. Or they all are not hungry?

I think, that this is a biggest, no, BIGGEST issue, that must be fixed.

What the point in all that unarmed weird walking men, when you can safely walk among them?

• Ryryrockband 6 months ago

Is there ANY way at all to do this without arma 2 and arma oa? I can’t get these so I need a way to play it without them. The only reason I got the game was to play this mod. I have no idea how to use these forums so if these doesn’t tell me, contact me at [email protected]
    Thanks

• Griggs 6 months ago

Am I only one here who think, that there is no need in m24 in desert camo in Chernorus?

• thuggins52 6 months ago

is a windows 7 with intel premium and a b950 processor good enough to run arma??
    Please help..

• MewTheKitten 6 months ago

Yea to bad its not like it used to they dont give 2 shits about DayzA3 they need to cause there’s alot of people who’s wanting to play but they cant because of these bullshit buggy servers thats why everyone is still on DayzA2 and shit because the dev’s for dayzA3 is not working hard enough

• Bambee 6 months ago

Can I play this zoombie mod without arma 2 and arma 2 OA? just I havent bought thoose games and I really want to play ArmA 3 DayZ.. :(

• TO fix all your problems U just must use Steam Engine guys , u must use it , but if u have a pirated version of the game use YouTube site and follow the instructions that will be given on it

• Good luck for killing & Hunting
    XD

• Guilherme 5 months ago

i need arma 2 to play dayz on arma 3?

• BEST MOD EVER

• baarnijs 4 months ago

Well, I download Launcher, Install it and it always crashes. I have no idea why it happens, but it shows that I cant connect to some kind of server or host.

• ploerj 4 months ago

When I use the installer i get a microsoft .net framework notification about an unhandled exception

How I can register this Zoombiesmod.com???? I cant find any register button. help

• zer0darkx 3 months ago

Sadly zoombiesmod.com is no more. They said they are forced to shut down due to a new license from Bohemia. So no more updates for this mod will be coming out.

• where do i get this mod from ?? cant find it

How do I download the mod?

• Guys, you cannot download this mod anymore, due to licensing from Bohemia they were forced to shutdown, and they have pulled the files off their website and shutdown the servers.

where can i download DayZ?